This Festschrift honors the retirement of Bishop Kallistos Ware from thirty-five years of university teaching. It celebrates his joyful heart, which radiates a spirituality of one who has found his monastic "desert" among the "dreaming spires" of academia, and his "cell" in the university lecture room. The Festschrift comprises articles based on historical, theological, and spiritual themes--some of which are listed here:
• "The Greek Writings Attributed to Saint Ephrem the Syrian," by Ephrem Lash
• "Embodied Word and New Creation: Some Modern Orthodox Insights Concerning the Material World," by Elizabeth Theokritoff
• "The Theology of the Philokalia," by Andrew Louth
• "Faithfulness and Creativity," by John Behr
• "The Vision of God and the Form of Glory," by Alexander Golitzin
• "Creation, Cross and Resurrection in Early Welsh Poetry," by A.M. (Donald) Allchin
• "On Good and Evil," by Thomas Hopko
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD.